Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We're spending three weeks traveling through Germany. What do the Germans call their country?
2. I'm planning to spend four days in München. What do we Americans call this Olympic city famous for its beer festival?
3. About a third of my trip will be spent in Bayern, famous for Berge and Brauereien (mountains and breweries). What is the American name for this place?
4. I'm planning on spending two nights in Köln. What do Americans call this city?
5. Lake Constance, in Germany's south, draws many tourists. What is the German name for this lake?
6. Germany is bounded by two seas to its north. The one to the west is the North Sea (die Nordsee). But what do Germans call the one to the east (the Baltic Sea)?
7. Of course, everyone wants to visit "den Schwarzwald." What is this place famed for cuckoo clocks called in English?
8. We plan to stop for sights in Augsburg, Rothenburg, Regensburg, and Würzburg. What is the most common meaning of "Burg" in German?
9. Before returning home, I will travel outside Germany's borders for a special visit to Wien, for some of the best concerts in Europe. Where will I be for this musical interlude?
10. After our visit is over, we'll return to the US of A. What is the German name for our American homeland?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.