Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This St. Louis born American poet is claimed also by the British as a poet. This person wrote one odd little poem about some "love song". Who was this poet?
2. This poet hails from Reading, Pennsylvania. He wrote such poems as "The Anecdote of the Jar" and "The Emperor of Ice-Cream". Who was this poet?
3. This poet created a type of poem which might drive grammar mavens over the edge. He was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Who was this poet?
4. Robert Frost was born in California.
5. This midwestern born poet came to be considered the "head" of the Harlem Renaissance movement. Who was this poet?
6. The creator of this line from a famous poem, "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness", was born in Newark, New Jersey.
Who is this poet?
7. This author of a poem about a red wheelbarrow was born in Rutherford, New Jersey. He was also the author of works about a town in New Jersey called "Paterson". Who was this poet?
8. Hilda Doolittle was born in the Pennsylvania town which has the same name as Jesus Christ's birthplace. Where is it?
9. This poet who wrote "Annabel Lee" was born in Richmond, Virginia in 1809. Who is it?
10. "We Real Cool" author, Gwendolyn Brooks was born in this Kansas state capital. What is it?
Source: Author jaknife1200
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor fringe
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.