Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Clemens wrote, "When I was a boy, there was but one permanent ambition among us boys. That was to become ..." What did he want to become?
2. Most people are generally familiar with the premise of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"; a level headed shop foreman is mysteriously transported to Camelot following a blow on the head. What was the name of the Yankee foreman?
3. Clemens collaborated only once with another author on a novel. The novel was "The Gilded Age." Who was the other author?
4. What work published under the name "Mark Twain" first brought Clemens national attention?
5. Where did the name "Mark Twain" come from?
6. What astronomical event took place in the year Clemens was born (1835) and the year he died (1910)?
7. The Clemens' house was one of the first in Hartford to be equipped with what modern convenience? (Hint: it wasn't the only house with this device or it would not have been very useful)
8. Clemens wrote several humorous pieces about the daily life of a family loosely based on his own family. What name did he give to this semi-fictional family?
9. Where was was Clemens' buried?
10. How did Clemens describe the profession of writing?
Source: Author Elder1954
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.