Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was Samuel Clemens middle name?
2. Was Samuel Clemens born in Hannibal, Missouri?
3. When Samuel Clemens was fourteen, he was apprenticed to learn which of the following occupations?
4. What tragedy befell Samuel Clemens family in 1858?
5. In what year did Samuel Clemens write his first article under the pen name Mark Twain?
6. How many times was Samuel Clemens married?
7. What was the first novel that Clemens wrote alone using the pen name Mark Twain?
8. Was the character Huckleberry Finn based on an actual person?
9. Which of the following is not an invention on which Samuel Clemens held a patent?
10. What was one of the reasons that Samuel Clemens went bankrupt in 1894?
11. During the years that Clemens lived in Hartford, Connecticut, one of his neighbors was Clara Barton.
12. What university awarded Samuel Clemens the honorary degree of Doctor of Literature in 1907?
13. Was Samuel Clemens actually ever a Mississippi riverboat pilot?
14. How many of Samuel Clemens's four children outlived him?
15. How old was Samuel Clemens when he passed away?
Source: Author LindaC007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.