Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The awe-inspiring mountain Huangshan is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and major tourist attraction in China. Which famous Chinese poet found inspiration at Huangshan?
2. Which famous California mountain man captured and trained bears for zoos and circuses and later had a movie and television show loosely based on his life?
3. Was he in fact the first? Many expeditions had tried to be the first to successfully climb Mt. Everest before Edmund Hilary became the first man to achieve the feat in 1953. In 1924 a British expedition made an attempt to be the first. Which of these men was the expedition leader?
4. "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee", which of the following did Davy Crockett NOT do in his interesting life time?
5. Mountain man Kit Carson led a storied life as a frontier guide for American explorer John Fremont and as a soldier in the U.S. Army during the government's expansion into western territories in the 1840s and 1850s. Of the choices below, which title did Carson NOT hold?
6. Which 21st Century "Mountain Man" has climbed the Swiss Alps with Roger Federer, the Snowdonia mountains with Kate Winslet and has spent time with President Obama on the Exit Glacier in Alaska?
7. John Johnston was a huge mountain man with a reputation as a violent drunk. He did however have an interesting, umm tasty, nickname. What was it?
8. After being abducted by warriors of the Shawnee nation in 1755, this Appalachian mountain woman escaped and found her way home through 500 miles of wilderness. Who was she?
9. Which north African general ranks alongside Alexander of Macedon and Napoleon Bonaparte as one of history's greatest military tacticians?
10. Ethan Allen led a militia in the Upper New York, New Hampshire and Vermont region during the era of the Revolutionary War. His band was called what?
Source: Author wjames
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.