Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. What was the name of the evil king who, with the full support of his wife, was a bitter adversary of Elijah?
2. The letter 'B'. According to 1 Kings 18, Elijah scored a decisive victory over 450 prophets of a false god on a mountain. What was the name of the god of the defeated prophets, as per the NKJV and the NIV?
3. The letter 'C'. What's the name of the mountain where Elijah scored a decisive victory over 450 prophets of a false god? (1 Kings 18)
4. The letter 'D' is for 'Drought'. In 1 Kings 17, Elijah boldly proclaimed to the king of Israel there would be no dew or rain for an extended period of time. According to Jesus in Luke 4:25, how long did the drought last?
5. The letter 'E'. Who was also a prophet of God and Elijah's understudy?
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Fire'. According to Scripture, Elijah called upon the LORD who consumed with fire a captain and fifty of his men who had been sent by the king to arrest him. A second captain and his fifty men attempted to arrest him and they too were consumed by fire. What happened to the third group of men sent to arrest Elijah? (2 Kings 1:1-18)
7. The letter 'G' is for 'Guidance from God'. On how many different occasions, according to Scripture, did God give specific instructions, or guidance, to Elijah?
8. The letter 'H'. According to Scripture, Elijah confronted the king of Israel and then received a divine message. Scripture goes on to state Elijah then was miraculously fed daily by the LORD. What word that starts with the letter 'H' was part of the divine message? (1 Kings 17:1-6)
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Incredible'. It's incredible, but according to 1 Kings 19:11-16 a major wind, followed by an earthquake followed by a massive fire all took place back-to-back in front of Elijah. What, according to Scripture, happened next?
10. The letter 'J' is for 'John the Baptist'. Going by 2 Kings 1:8 and Matthew 3:4, there is a similarity in the appearances of Elijah and John the Baptist.
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kill'. Going strictly by Scripture, how many men, or adversaries, did Elijah kill?
12. The letter 'L' is for 'Lone Wolf'. Is it safe to say Elijah was often a 'lone wolf' in the early days of his ministry, operating on his own against seemingly insurmountable odds?
13. The letter 'M' is for 'Mistaken' as in 'Mistaken Identity'. Who in the New Testament was mistaken to be Elijah?
14. The letter 'N' is for 'New Testament'. According to New Testament Scripture, an Old Testament figure appeared on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus and Elijah. Who was the figure?
15. The letter 'O'. Scripture tells of the king of Israel and his wife being bitter adversaries of Elijah. Yet, the head of the royal household was loyal to the LORD and helped Elijah. What was the name of the loyal servant?
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Psalms'. Going strictly by Scripture, Elijah is credited with writing at least one of the Psalms.
17. The letter 'Q'. What was the name of the wicked woman who was a bitter adversary of Elijah?
18. The letter 'R' What type of birds fed Elijah for an extended period of time? (1 Kings 17:1-6)
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Surrender'. Elijah seriously thought about giving up living and basically admitting defeat, or in other words, surrendering, to his bitter adversary, the king of Israel.
20. The letter 'T. Where was Elijah the Tishbite from?
21. The letter 'U' is for 'Upward' . According to Scripture, Elijah was suddenly taken upward to heaven as he was walking along with another prophet. (2 Kings 2:11-13) Who else in Scripture was suddenly taken upward to heaven in a similar manner? (Genesis 5:24)
22. The letter 'V' is for 'Verdict'. What was the verdict of the people after Elijah had a fiery test with 450 prophets of a false god?
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Widow'. Much of the 17th Chapter of 1 Kings is devoted to interactions between Elijah and a widow. What was the widow's name?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y' is for young. Scripture tells of Elijah raising a young boy from the dead. How old was the boy?
25. The letter 'Z' is for 'Zarephath'. Out of the four happenings listed below, which one did NOT take place when Elijah dwelt in Zarephath? (1 Kings 17:8-24)
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.