Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. Peter had a brother who also served as one of the Twelve Disciples of Jesus. What was his name? (John 6:8)
2. The letter 'B'. Peter came from a fishing community on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. What was its name?
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Cornelius'. Practically all of Acts 10 is devoted to telling the account of an interaction between Peter and Cornelius. Who was Cornelius?
4. The letter 'D'. A woman who was known by Tabitha was raised from the dead by Peter, as per Acts 9:36-43. What other name that starts with the letter 'D' did Tabitha go by?
5. The letter 'E' is for 'Epistles'. How many epistles is Peter credited with writing in the New Testament?
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Feet'. Scripture tells of Jesus washing His disciples' feet with Peter wanting no part of the exercise. After Christ explained the washing of the feet as necessary, Peter responded by telling Jesus to wash his entire body. Where did the incident take place?
7. The letter 'G' is for 'God' as in 'Son of God'. Peter was one of the first disciples to proclaim Jesus as the Son of God. Where was Peter when he made the famous proclamation? (Matthew 16:13-19)
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Head' as in 'Head of the Disciples'. Acts 1:15-26 tells of an event in which, in the mind of many theologians, Peter officially became the head of the disciples. What was the event when Peter first led the way for the other disciples?
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Imprisoned'. Acts 12:3-19 tells of Peter being imprisoned only to escape to freedom. According to Scripture, how did he make his escape?
10. The letter 'J' is for 'Judas Iscariot'. Peter and Judas Iscariot were often at loggerheads and sometimes bitter adversaries, according to Scripture -- especially going by John 11:25.
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kill' as in 'Rise Peter kill and eat' as per Acts 10:13. In Peter's vision in which he heard a voice telling him to "rise...kill and eat" he became convinced God wanted him to evangelize Gentiles as well as Jews.
12. The letter 'L' is for 'Lame' as in 'Lame Man Healed'. Acts 3:1-10 tells of Peter and another one of the Twelve Disciples healing a crippled man outside the Beautiful Gate. Who was the other disciple who was with Peter at the time?
13. The letter 'M'. What was the name of the servant whose ear Peter cut off with a sword in the Garden of Gethsemane?
14. The letter 'N' is for 'Nickname'. What was the nickname Jesus gave Peter, as per John 1:42?
15. The letter 'O' is for 'Out of the Ordinary'. Scripture tells of Peter walking on water but what brought about his failure? (Matthew 14:31)
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Pope'. The Catholic Church regards Peter as the first pope.
17. The letter 'Q' is for 'Quartus'. Peter and Quartus labored together for a number of years in the early church and in 2 Peter 1:16-18, Peter extends greetings to his "dear brother in Christ."
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Rooster'. Prior to the crucifixion, how many times did Peter deny knowing Christ resulting in a rooster crowing?
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Servant Girl'. What was the name of the servant girl who left Peter frantically knocking at the door after he had miraculously escaped from prison? (Acts 12:12-16)
20. The letter 'T' is for 'Transfiguration'. Peter was one of the participants on Mount Transfiguration. Who were the two other disciples and prophets from yesteryear who were also on the Mountain with Jesus? (Matthew 17:1-8)
21. The letter 'U' is for 'Upside Down'. Tradition holds that when Peter was crucified he requested to be crucified upside down.
22. The letter 'V'. What word that starts with the letter 'V' best describes Peter after he denied his Savior and Christ was buried in a tomb?
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Wife'. How do we know that Peter was married?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y' is for 'Younger'. The word 'younger' appears in 1 Peter 5:5: "Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for 'God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble'." The last part of the verse is Peter quoting Old Testament Scripture. Where would one find the passage 'God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble'?
25. The letter 'Z' is for 'Zion'. There are only seven references to Zion in the New Testament while in the Old Testament there are 169 references. Nevertheless, Peter uses the term 'Zion' in 1 Peter 2:6 to help drive home the point Jesus is the promised Messiah.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.