Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. Let's start at the beginning. Eve, according to Scripture, was the mother of all living. What was the name of her husband?
2. The letter 'B'. According to Genesis 29:29, Rachel gave permission to Jacob to sleep with her handmaiden to produce children. She bore two sons, Dan and Naphtali. What was the handmaiden's name?
3. The letter 'C'. Chloe was a woman in the New Testament whose household made Paul aware of divisions in the early church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 1:11.) What was the name of Chloe's husband?
4. The letter 'D'. Lapidoth's wife was a dynamic judge of Israel and a prophetess. What was her name? (Judges 4:4)
5. The letter 'E'. Naomi was the mother-in-law of Ruth. What was the name of Naomi's husband? (Ruth 1:2)
6. The letter 'F'. Drusilla, a Jew, was married to a Roman governor who had Paul appear before him. What was the name of her husband? (Acts 24:24)
7. The letter 'G'. What was the name of the woman who was a harlot, according to the KJV and NKJV, and became the wife of the prophet Hosea? (Hosea 1:3)
8. The letter 'H'. Herod's wife was conniving and vindictive and was responsible for having John the Baptist beheaded. What was the name of his wife? (Mark 6:22)
9. The letter 'I'. Ishmael was the son of Abraham and Hagar and he is generally regarded as the father of the Arab nation. What was the name of his wife? (Genesis 21:21)
10. The letter 'J'. Ahab was a king of Israel and he has the distinction of being married to the woman who is regarded by many as the most wicked woman in the Bible. What was the name of his wicked wife? (1 Kings 16:31)
11. The letter 'K'. What's the name of the woman Abraham married, probably after Sarah's death? (Genesis 25:1-6)
12. The letter 'L'. Jacob had two wives who were sisters and eventually slept with his wives' handmaidens, which resulted in the births of sons. Out of his two wives, one he loved while the other, according to Scripture, was unloved. Who was his unloved wife?
13. The letter 'M'. According to the 19th chapter of 1 Samuel, David's wife saved his life when she put an idol in his bed, covered it, and pretended it was the future king. What was the name of David's wife?
14. The letter 'N'. According to 1 Kings 11:3, Solomon had 700 wives, princesses and 300 concubines. However, only one of them is named in Scripture. What's the name of his lone wife who is named, as per 1 Kings 14:21?
15. The letter 'O'. Chilion was the son of Naomi and the brother-in-law of Ruth. What was the name of Chilion's wife, as per Ruth 1?
16. The letter 'P'. Aquila is a character from the New Testament who had a wife who was a moving force in the early church. In fact, her name usually appears before Aquila's when the two are mentioned in Scripture. What was her name?
17. The letter 'Q'. Queen Tahpenes' unnamed sister was given in marriage to a man by the Pharaoh, according to 1 Kings 11:19. What was the man's name?
18. The letter 'R'. Isaac's wife was the first woman in the Bible to give birth to twins. What was her name, as per Genesis 25:21?
19. The letter 'S'. According to New Testament Scripture, Rahab, the famous prostitute of Jericho, married an Israelite, and they had a child named Boaz. What was the name of Rahab's husband? (Matthew 1:5)
20. The letter 'T'. According to Genesis 38, a woman was married to two different men who were both struck dead by the LORD because of their evil ways. What's the woman's name? (Hint: She ended up being impregnated by her father-in-law Judah.)
21. The letter 'U'. What was the name of Bathsheba's husband who was murdered by David? (2 Samuel 11:1-17)
22. The letter 'V'. Before Esther became queen, Ahasuerus, the king of Persia, had another woman serve as his queen. What was her name, as per Esther 1:10?
23. The letters 'W' and 'X'. The man Queen Esther married is called Ahasuerus in the KJV and the NKJV. In the NIV, however, he is called Xerxes.
24. The letter 'Y'. Young is a suitable word that starts with the letter 'Y' to describe Mary, the wife of Joseph. According to Scripture, she gave birth to Jesus while still a virgin. While there is no concrete evidence in Scripture, many theologians believe Mary may have been 15 years old or younger when she gave birth to Jesus.
25. The letter 'Z'. The first wife of Moses was the daughter of Reuel (also known as Jethro) and she gave birth to two sons, Gershom and Eliezer. What was her name? (Exodus 2:21)
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.