Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. In Genesis 17:5, God announces a name change for Abraham. What was Abraham's old name?
2. The letter 'B' is for 'Bethel'. Abraham's grandson Jacob had a vision at Bethel where, according to Scripture, he saw angels of God ascending and descending a ladder to heaven. Bethel is also part of the life of Abraham. According to Genesis 12:8, what is the significance of Bethel to Abraham?
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Covenant'. In Genesis 12 and 15, Scripture tells of God making a covenant with Abraham. What did God tell Abraham He would do?
4. The letter 'D' is for 'Deception'. According to Scripture, Abraham and Sarah were forced to move to Egypt due to a severe famine in the land. While in Egypt, Sarah pretended to be Abraham's sister and not his wife. And then later, they used the same deception against Ambimelech, king of Gerar.
5. The letter 'E'. As per Genesis 15:2, what was the name of Abraham's servant who hailed from Damascus?
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Flee'. Before Ishmael was born, it was a case of Hagar fleeing from Sarah, who was known as Sarai at the time. According to Genesis 16, why did she return to Abraham and Sarah?
7. The letter 'G' is for 'Genealogy'. Abraham is featured in the genealogy of Christ with Matthew 1:1 describing Jesus as "the son of Abraham and the son of David."
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Hagar'. According to Genesis 16:3, Sarah gave permission to her husband Abraham to sleep with her servant Hagar so she could bear a child for him. Where was Hagar from? (Genesis 16:1)
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Intercedes' and 'Intercessory'. What was the name of the community Abraham interceded with God to save if ten righteous people could be found there?
10. The letter 'J' is for 'Justification' and 'Justified by Faith'. Paul, in writing Romans 4:1-12, states Abraham was justified by his faith, not by his works.
11. The letter 'K'. What was the name of the woman Abraham married later in his life, presumably after the death of Sarah? (Genesis 25:2)
12. The letter 'L' is for 'Loggerheads'. What two women in Abraham's life were seemingly always at loggerheads?
13. The letter 'M'. What was the name of the priest of God Most High who blessed Abraham, as per Genesis 14:18?
14. The letter 'N' is for 'Nations'. According to Scripture, the LORD said he would make the offspring of Abraham and his son Ishmael two great nations. What are the nations?
15. The letter 'O' is for 'Offered' in 'Obedience' to God. Scripture tells of Abraham preparing to offer his son as a sacrifice to God, as per Genesis 22:1-19. What was the son's name?
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Parable'. In one of the many parables told by Jesus, mention is made of Abraham. In what parable does Jesus mention Abraham's name? (Luke 16:19-31)
17. The letter 'Q' is for 'Questionable' as in 'Highly Questionable Conduct'. What highly questionable conduct did Sarah exhibit when she was told by the LORD she would have a baby at age ninety?
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Rescue'. What was the name of the man who was taken captive along with his family and then rescued by Abraham? (Genesis 14:1-17)
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Sent' as in Hagar and Ishmael being sent away by Abraham to fend for themselves. How much food and water were they given before they wandered off into the desert?
20. The letter 'T'. As per Genesis 11:27, what was the name of Abraham's father?
21. The letter 'U'. What word that starts with the letter 'U' would best describe the relationship between Sarah and Hagar?
22. The letter 'V' is for 'Vashti'. According to Esther 11:14, Vashti, the deposed queen who was replaced by Esther, was a direct descendant of Hagar.
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Wives'. Scripture tells of Abraham sending his servant to Mesopotamia, the land of Sarah, to find a wife for Isaac. (Genesis 24:10) According to Genesis 21:21, from where did Hagar get a wife for her son Ishmael?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y'. According to Scripture, how young was Ishmael when he and his mother were sent away by Abraham?
25. The letter 'Z'. In addition to Isaac and Ishmael, Abraham also fathered a son whose name starts with the letter 'Z'. He was called Zimran. (Genesis 25:2)
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.