Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. According to Genesis 41:45, what was the name of the daughter of Potipherah, priest of On, who became the wife of Joseph?
2. The letter 'B'. Joseph's mother Rachel died giving birth to his younger brother, as per Genesis 35:18. What was name of his younger brother?
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Coat' as in 'Coat of Many Colors'. According to Genesis 37:3, who made the Coat of Many Colors for Joseph?
4. The letter 'D' is for 'Dream'. While a teenager, Joseph had a dream that deeply irritated his other brothers. As per Genesis 37:1-11, what was Joseph's dream about?
5. The letter 'E'. Joseph had two sons, with one of them named Ephraim. According to Genesis 41:52, what does Ephraim mean?
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Famine'. Scripture tells of Joseph's brothers going to Egypt to buy food because of a severe famine in their land. Where did his brothers and his father Jacob live?
7. The letter 'G'. According to Genesis 46:28 and 47:1, Joseph's father and the families of his eleven brothers ended up living in a part of Egypt. What was the name of the area they settled in?
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Half' as in 'Half Sister'. According to Scripture, in addition to his brothers, Joseph had a half sister who was the daughter of Jacob and Leah. What was her name? (Genesis 30:21)
9. The letter 'I'. According to Scripture, Joseph had a special talent that few, if anyone else, had. What was the talent?
10. The letter 'J'. Out of the four words below that start with the letter 'J', which one best describes how Joseph's eleven brothers felt about him?
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kibosh' and 'Kill'. Which one of Joseph's eleven brothers put a kibosh on plans to kill him? (Genesis 37:22)
12. The letter 'L'. Who was Joseph's grandfather on his mother Rachel's side?
13. The letter 'M'. What was the name of Joseph's first-born son, as per Genesis 41:51?
14. The letter 'N' is for 'New Name'. What's the new name the Pharaoh gave Joseph, as per Genesis 41:45?
15. The letter 'O' is for 'Old'. How old was Joseph when he died, as per Genesis 50:26?
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Pharaoh'. It is well known Joseph interpreted two dreams for the Pharaoh and for this reason he was released from prison and promoted to the second most powerful position in Egypt. What were the Pharaoh's dreams about?
17. The letter 'Q' is for 'Queen'. Genesis 51:10-17 tells of Queen Candace of Ethiopia traveling north to Egypt to show honor and respect to Joseph, not unlike the Queen of Sheba traveling to Jerusalem to salute Solomon.
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Rachel', the mother of Joseph. She is remembered for a number of things, including being the first thief of property in the Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament of the English Bible.
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Silver Cup'. When Joseph's brothers traveled to Egypt to buy food a second time, he had a silver cup planted in a sack belonging to one of them leading to that brother being accused of stealing. Who was the brother whose sack contained the silver cup? (Genesis 44:12)
20. The letter 'T' is for 'Time'. How much time did it take for Joseph to ascend from slave boy to become the second most powerful person in Egypt? (Genesis 37:2 and Genesis 41:46)
21. The letter 'U'. Out of the four words below that start with the letter 'U', what one best describes Joseph during his major trials?
22. The letter 'V' is for 'Vow'. In Genesis 47, Joseph made a vow to Jacob. What was the vow?
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Wife' as in 'Wife of Potiphar'. Joseph was thrown into prison after being falsely accused of a crime by Potiphar's wife. As per Genesis 39, what crime did she accuse him of?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y' are for 'Young'. At what young age was Joseph sold into slavery by his brothers?
25. The letter 'Z'. According to Genesis 49:13, Joseph had a brother named Zebulun.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.