Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. What son of David attempted to peacefully replace him as king but was thwarted by Bathsheba who intervened to make sure Solomon would become king? (1 Kings 1:5)
2. The letter 'B' is for 'Bathsheba'. No quiz about David would be complete without a mention or two of Bathsheba, the woman with whom he had an adulterous affair. David orchestrated the death of her husband and later she gave birth to Solomon. What was the name of Bathsheba's father? (2 Samuel 11:3)
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Civil War'. David was involved in two different civil wars while he was leader.
4. The letter 'D' is for 'David', of course. David has the distinction of being the only man in the Hebrew Bible and the entire English Bible who had a wife and a mother-in-law with the same name. What was the name the two women shared? (1 Samuel 14:50 & 25:43)
5. The letter 'E'. Scripture states David had seven brothers and the oldest one had nothing but contempt for him. Who was David's oldest brother? (1 Samuel 17:12-13)
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Father'. Scripture states the father of David gave him food to deliver to his other sons who were in battle, just prior to the amazing slaying of Goliath. As per 1 Samuel 17:12, what was the name of David's father?
7. The letter 'G' is for 'Goliath', the Philistine giant slayed by a stone from David's slingshot. According to Scripture, Goliath's height was six cubits and a span. How tall is that in feet and in meters?
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Harp'. David was a ferocious warrior but he was also a talented musician, excelling on the harp. According to 1 Samuel 16:23, who had a distressing spirit depart from him whenever David played the harp?
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Intelligent'. There is only one woman in the Hebrew Bible and the English Bible who is described as being BOTH beautiful and intelligent. (The NIV uses the word 'intelligent' while the NKJV uses the term 'of good understanding'.) She was a wife of King David. Who was the woman who was beautiful and intelligent? (1 Samuel 25:3)
10. The letter 'J'. Saul despised David, yet his son was best friends with him. As per 1 Samuel 18:1, what was the name of David's best friend?
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kidron'. Scripture tells of Jesus crossing the Kidron Brook (Valley in the NIV) in a time of great distress, just prior to His crucifixion. (John 18:1) Scripture also tells of David crossing the Kidron while experiencing great distress. (2 Samuel 15:13-37) Why was David distressed?
12. The letter 'L' is for 'Loyalty' and for 'Liability'. No quiz about David would be complete without at least one question about his nephew Joab. Throughout much of David's reign, Joab was consistently loyal to David, then toward the end of his reign he became a liability. As a result, David, when on his deathbed, requested Solomon execute Joab. Why?
13. The letter 'M' is for 'Michal', a wife of David. To win the hand of Saul's daughter Michal, David had to produce two Philistine foreskins. He, however, produced five foreskins to win her hand. (1 Samuel 18:25)
14. The letter 'N'. Who was the prophet who strongly rebuked David for having an adulterous affair and then orchestrating the death of the woman's husband? (2 Samuel 12)
15. The letter 'O'. David's grandfather was the first-born son of Ruth and Boaz. What was his name? (Ruth 4:17)
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Psalms'. Out of the 150 Psalms in the Hebrew Bible, or the Old Testament of the English Bible, how many is David credited with writing?
17. The letter 'Q' is for 'Quail'. According to 2 Samuel 25:52, David had an insatiable appetite for quail.
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Resentment'. Saul was filled with total resentment for David and in his later years spent most of his time trying to kill the former shepherd boy. The main reason Saul resented David so much is the women of Israel sang songs about David's military victories being more spectacular than his (Saul's) victories.
19. The letter 'S'. Some of these questions might have been a tad difficult, so to give quiz players a break, I'll offer this softy: What weapon, that starts with the letter 'S', did David use to slay Goliath?
20. The letter 'T' is for 'Transgressions'. What famous Psalm did David write after he went to the LORD seeking forgiveness for committing adultery and orchestrating a murder?
21. The letter 'U'. Who was married to Bathsheba and ended up being killed as a result of King David orchestrating things behind the scenes? (1 Samuel 17:12)
22. The letter 'V'. Which of the four words that start with the letter 'V' would best describe David immediately after he killed Goliath?
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Wives'. Going by what's published in Scripture, how many wives did David have?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y' are for 'Young'. Who was the young and beautiful woman who cared for David when he was elderly and frail?
25. The letter 'Z' is for 'Zion'. In the Psalms, many of which David is credited with writing, the word Zion is often used to describe Israel.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.