Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. Who was Jacob's grandfather on his father's side, as per Genesis 25:19 and 28?
2. The letter 'B'. According to Genesis 30:33-34, Rachel gave permission to Jacob to sleep with her handmaiden to produce children. What was the handmaiden's name?
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Coat of Many Colors'. Scripture tells of Jacob making a coat of many colors for one of his twelve sons who he loved more than the others. Who was the recipient of the coat? (Genesis 37:3)
4. The letter 'D'. Scripture tells of Jacob being the father of twelve boys and one girl. What was the name of the lone girl in Jacob's family? (Genesis 30:21)
5. The letter 'E' is for 'Egypt'. In the latter stages of his life, Jacob ended up moving to Egypt from Canaan. Why? (Genesis 42 to Chapter 46)
6. The letter 'F' is for 'First'. Scripture states Jacob had two wives and two concubines. The names of the four women in alphabetical order were Bilhah, Leah, Rachel, and Zilpah. Which woman was his first wife? (Genesis 29:23)
7. The letter 'G'. Out of the four names below that start with the letter 'G', which person is one of Jacob's twelve sons? (Genesis 35:26)
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Healing'. According to Genesis 53:14, Jacob was healed of leprosy after he fervently prayed to God.
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Israel'. The name Israel was first applied to Jacob before it became the name of a nation.
10. The letter 'J'. What is the name of the one of Jacob's twelve sons who many Christians link with Old Testament prophecy about the birth of Jesus Christ? (Genesis 49:8-12)
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kill'. According to Genesis 27:41 who was plotting to kill Jacob, forcing him to flee for his life?
12. The letter 'L' is for 'Ladder'. Where was Jacob when he saw angels ascending and descending a ladder to Heaven? (Genesis 28:10-19)
13. The letter 'M' is for 'Mother'. Who was Jacob's mother, as per Genesis 25:20?
14. The letter 'N'. Jacob is mentioned more than twenty times in the New Testament.
15. The letter 'O' is for the 'One' and 'Only'. Jacob is the only person who is documented in the Hebrew Bible and the English Bible as being married to two sisters.
16. The letter 'P' is for being 'Perturbed' and then experiencing 'Pleasure' and 'Peace'. According to Genesis 32:1-21 and 33:1-17, Jacob was deeply perturbed when he saw Esau approaching him with four hundred men but the encounter ended up being a pleasurable affair with peace being the order of the day.
17. The letter 'Q'. Queen. Out of two wives and two concubines, which one was the queen in Jacob's eyes?
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Ruse'. According to Genesis 27, Jacob pulled off a major ruse over Esau. What was the ruse?
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Spat' over 'Speckled and Spotted Sheep'. According to Genesis 30:25-32, Jacob had an agreement with another man regarding speckled and spotted sheep. However, Genesis 31:1-51 tells of a full-scale spat erupting because of the agreement. Who did Jacob have a spat with over speckled and spotted sheep?
20. The letter 'T' is for 'Trickery'. What major trick did Laban pull on Jacob?
21. The letter 'U'. Out of the four words below that start with the letter 'U', what one best describes Leah? (Genesis 29:31)
22. The letter 'V' is for 'Vigilante'. What two sons of Jacob went on a ruthless killing spree after their sister was defiled by Shechem?
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Wrestling'. According to Genesis 32:22-32, Jacob was involved in an intensive wrestling match that lasted all night. Who was it with?
24. Skipping the letter 'X ', the letter 'Y ' is for 'Youngest. Out of Jacob's twelve sons by four different women, which one was the youngest? (Genesis 35:18)
25. The letter 'Z'. According to Genesis 30:9, Leah gave permission to Jacob to sleep with her handmaiden to produce children. What was the handmaiden's name?
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.