Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The letter 'A'. As per Genesis 21:2, who was Isaac's father?
2. The letter 'B' is for 'Birthright'. As per Genesis 25:29-34, what son of Isaac sold his birthright to whom for a pot of stew?
3. The letter 'C' is for 'Covenant'. Before Isaac was born, Scripture tells of God proclaiming a covenant for Abraham with details stated in Genesis 12, 15 and 17. Was Isaac mentioned by name in God's covenant?
4. The letter 'D' is for 'Deception'. Isaac and Rebekah once pretended to be brother and sister to deceive the king of Gerar, just like Isaac's parents had before them.
5. The letter 'E' is for 'Esau'. According to Genesis 25:25, how did Esau, the son of Isaac and Rebekah, look immediately after his birth?
6. The letter 'F' is for 'Favoritism'. Isaac and Rebekah had twin boys, Esau and Jacob. According to Scripture, Isaac favored one and Rebekah favored the other. Who favored who?
7. The letter 'G' is for 'Grandfather'. Who was Isaac's grandfather on his father's side? (Genesis 11:26)
8. The letter 'H' is for 'Hallowed'. What's the name of the hallowed place where the LORD appeared to four different people -- Isaac, Hagar, Jacob and Elijah -- and where Isaac and Abraham swore oaths? (Genesis 26:23-33)
9. The letter 'I' is for 'Isaac'. What does his name mean? (Genesis 21:6)
10. The letter 'J' is for 'Jacob'. According to Genesis 25:26, how did Jacob, the son of Isaac and Rebekah, get his name?
11. The letter 'K' is for 'Kiss'. Isaac is the first person in the Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament of the English Bible who is recorded as being involved in a kiss. What was the occasion? (Genesis 27:26)
12. The letter 'L'. As per Genesis 24:29, out of the four names below that start with the letter 'L', which one was was Isaac's brother-in-law? (Hint he was also the father of Rachel and Leah who would end up marrying Jacob.)
13. The letter 'M' is for 'Mother'. Who was Isaac's mother? (Genesis 17:19)
14. The letter 'N' is for 'New Testament References'. Isaac is mentioned by name in eight different books in the New Testament of the New King James Version Bible.
15. The letter 'O' is for 'Obedience'. In an act of obedience to the LORD, Isaac almost became a sacrificial offering by Abraham. How old was Isaac at the time?
16. The letter 'P' is for 'Padan Aram' also known as Mesopotamia. According to Scripture, Isaac's wife Rebekah came from Haran in Padan Aram as did Jacob's two wives Rachel and Leah. In today's world, where is Haran, Padan Aram? (Genesis 25:20)
17. The letter 'Q' is for 'Quarrels'. Genesis 26:19-33 tells of quarrels between Isaac's herdsmen and the herdsmen of Gerar. What were the quarrels over?
18. The letter 'R' is for 'Ruse'. One of the biggest ruses in the Hebrew Bible and the Old Testament of the English Bible involves Jacob getting Esau's blessing from Isaac. How was Jacob able to pull off such a ruse?
19. The letter 'S' is for 'Savory'. According to Genesis 27:4, Isaac had a fondness for savory food.
20. The letter 'T' is for 'Twins'. Genesis 25:21-26 tells of Rebekah giving birth to twin boys, Esau and Jacob. Going by what's printed in Scripture, this was the first set of twins born.
21. The letter 'U' is for 'Unusual'. According to Scripture, what makes Isaac unusual from his father and his two sons?
22. The letter 'V' is for 'Veil'. The first instance of a woman covering herself with a veil in Scripture is when Rebekah met Isaac. (Genesis 24:65)
23. The letter 'W' is for 'Well'. What is the significance of a well in Padan Aram, or Mesopotamia, to the life of Isaac?
24. The letters 'X' and 'Y is for 'Youngest'. Esau and Jacob were the twin sons of Isaac and Rebekah. Jacob was born first and Esau was born second.
25. The letter 'Z'. Isaac had a half brother whose name, starts with the letter 'Z'. Can you name him? Genesis 25:1-2)
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.