Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What notable Old Testament character died on the top of a mountain with the Israelites mourning his passing for 30 days?
2. What judge of Israel, noted for his strength, single handed caused the collapse of a temple, killing himself and a large number of Philistines?
3. Fill in the missing name from 1 Samuel 4:18, in the NIV Bible: "When he mentioned the ark of God, _______ fell backward off his chair by the side of the gate. His neck was broken and he died, for he was an old man, and he was heavy. He had led Israel forty years."
4. Abigail is described as intelligent and beautiful in Scripture and she became the wife of David after her first husband, described as surly and mean, was struck dead by the LORD. What was the name of her husband?
5. Eglon, described in Scripture as the "very fat" king of Moab, was killed by a left-handed judge of the Israelites. What's the name of the judge who thrust a sword into the king's stomach?
6. What prophet was suffering from an illness and, just before he died, had Jehoash the king of Israel shoot some arrows with his bow?
7. The following is from 2 Chronicles 18:34 in the NIV Bible: "All day long the battle raged, and the king of Israel propped himself up in his chariot facing the Arameans until evening. Then at sunset he died." What is the name of the king of Israel who died?
8. According to the seventh chapter of Acts, who was the first martyr of the early church?
9. In a parable in the 16th chapter of Luke, Jesus tells of a rich man and a helpless beggar who both died. What was the name of the beggar who was so helpless even the dogs would come and lick his sores?
10. True or false: According to the 27th chapter of Matthew, after Jesus was crucified, the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.