Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who in this book was "hoist with his own petard," so to speak?
2. Xerxes chose Esther as his queen. Of what nation was Xerxes king?
3. When Mordecai asked Esther to intercede on behalf of her doomed people, she readily agreed.
4. When Esther agreed to go into the king, she resolved, "If I ____, I ___."
5. When Esther appeared before Xerxes unsummoned, she knew he could kill her for her defiance. But what did he do instead?
6. Unlike rain on your wedding day (which is just bad luck), the Book of Esther is truly ironic. In it, Haman told the king that if he wished to honor a man, the king ought to parade that man about in royal apparel. Who did the king then honor in this way?
7. Why did the king decide to hang Haman?
8. After Esther interceded, the king revoked his decree to slaughter the Jews.
9. What does Esther's Hebrew name mean?
10. This event of deliverance orchestrated by Esther and Mordechai is still commemorated today in what Jewish feast?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.