Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Martin Luther, leader of the Protestant Reformation movement, was a prolific hymn writer. Please complete the title of his most famous hymn: "A Mighty ______ is Our God."
2. Which New York Yankees slugger, known as the "Iron Horse", was a member of the Lutheran faith?
3. This German-born, Lutheran composer became famous for his religious music, particularly his organ fugues. Can you name him?
4. This Swedish-born diplomat became the second Secretary-General of the United Nations in 1953. Please identify him.
5. This Lutheran NASCAR race driver won 76 events, including the 1998 Daytona 500, during his legendary career. Can you name him?
6. This American-born writer became famous in 1960 when his novel "Rabbit Run" was published. Please identify him.
7. Greta Garbo, a famous actress, was born into the Lutheran faith and became well-known for her reclusive lifestyle. Where was she buried?
8. Soren Kierkegaard was a prominent nineteenth century philosopher and theologian. In which city was he born?
9. Dr. Seuss was an American writer who authored such books as "The Cat In the Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham." What was his real name?
10. The composer Handel is best known today for his "Messiah" oratorio. Where did "Messiah" make its debut in 1742?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.