Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Ruth was from the land of Moab. What was the name of her mother-in-law, the Hebrew woman who had moved to Moab with her husband and two sons from Bethlehem?
2. Ruth's mother-in-law was already a widow when Ruth married Naomi's son, Mahlon, and her sister-in-law, Orpah, married Naomi's other son, Kilion.
3. Naomi learned that the famine was over in Israel, and prepared to go back to Bethlehem to live. At first, both of her daughters-in-law planned to go with Naomi and live out their lives as widows, far from their own families. Eventually, who ended up going all the way to Bethlehem with Naomi?
4. Ruth convinced Naomi that she would never leave her by saying: "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your _________ will be my _________ and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me." (Ruth 1:16-17)
5. When Naomi and Ruth arrived in Bethlehem, though the famine was over, they had no source of income or food. How did Ruth help Naomi and herself find something to eat?
6. When Ruth was brought to Boaz by the men working in his field, what was his reaction to her request to pick up the droppings left behind by those working there?
7. Ruth was amazed at Boaz's reaction to her request to glean in his fields, and she asked him why he was being so good to her, a foreigner. What was Boaz's reply?
8. Whose idea was it for Ruth to present herself to Boaz, for him to be her kinsman redeemer (and future mate)?
9. Boaz was horrified when he discovered Ruth on the threshing floor, and he sent her away.
10. The story has a happy ending because Boaz was able to speak to the man who had a closer claim to redeeming the lands and taking Ruth as his wife, and the man was not interested. Thus, Boaz redeemed the lands himself, preserved the name of Naomi's husband on the lands, and married the good woman he'd needed, bad! Boaz and Ruth had a son named Obed. Who was this child's famous grandson and future ruler of Israel?
Source: Author shuehorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.