Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The name we know him by, Bob Hope, was actually a nickname itself. What was Bob Hope's name at birth?
2. Bob Hope has been called the "Quintessential American." Surprisingly enough, he wasn't born in the US at all. Bob Hope came into the world on May 29, 1903 where?
3. Though Bob was bitten by the entertainment bug early in life, he had a variety of other jobs before seeking his fortune in vaudeville. One of these early endeavors was as a professional boxer. What was Hope's nickname in this short-lived career?
4. Apart from being a natural comedian, Bob Hope was trained as a singer and dancer. In fact, Bob "Twinkle-Toes" Hope broke into show-biz as half of a dance team. What was his partner's name?
5. Bob Hope met his future wife, Dolores Reade, while they were both appearing in what would be Bob's first success on Broadway, the musical "Roberta".
6. Bob "Dulcet-Tones" Hope, made a big splash in his first big movie appearance. Though he wasn't known primarily as a singer, Bob did have a nice voice and could hold a tune. Hope's well-known theme song came from his first important film appearance in what?
7. One of Bob's most famous personal and professional relationships was with Bing Crosby. The two men first met and appeared together at the Capitol Theater in New York in 1932, where Bob had a radio show.
8. Bob "Always-on-the-Road-to-Somewhere" Hope and his Road-side companion, Bing Crosby, made seven of these buddy pictures together over the years. They also appeared in a number of other films with each other, sometimes in unbilled cameos. Which of the following movies was NOT one of the Road pictures that Bing and Bob made together?
9. Bob Hope hosted the Oscar ceremonies more than any other person in the 20th century. He was host an incredible 17 times (either by himself or with others). Who was the person with the next closest number of appearances as host after Bob in the 20th century?
10. Bob Hope's support of the US Troops is legendary. In which of the following wars did he NOT host a war-zone tour to entertain the soldiers?
Source: Author shuehorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.