Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'Just then a rooster crowed and Peter remembered what Jesus had told him: What a magnificent young woman you are! How beautiful are your feet in sandals. The curve of your thighs is like the work of an artist.'
The first part of this mash-up is from the book of Matthew. Which romantic biblical book is the second part from?
2. 'The servants came and saw that the doors were locked, but they only thought that the king was inside, relieving himself. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.'
I don't want the door to be opened if there's someone on the toilet behind it! Who said, 'Knock, and the door will be opened'?
3. 'Then he found a jawbone of a donkey that had recently died. He reached down and picked it up, and killed a thousand men with it. In this way he will strengthen you, and you will be perfect and holy.'
These quotes are from two completely different parts of the Bible. Which Old Testament man killed people with a donkey's jawbone?
4. 'Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep. Make the tent you live in larger; lengthen its ropes and strengthen the pegs!'
No, you don't need to cram all of your sheep in your tent! The beginning of this mash-up is from a parable that Jesus told. What is it called?
5. 'Never say anything that isn't true. Have nothing to do with lies and misleading words. Everything I say is true; nothing is false or misleading.'
Honest. I promise. These three sentences are from the same biblical book. Which chapter and verse is the third sentence?
6. 'Your word is a lamp to hit Jacob on the hip.'
Two verses from two different books have been smashed together to make something... new. Which books are they from?
7. 'The Lord said to Noah, "Eat this scroll that I give you."'
Noah didn't actually have to eat a scroll. What did God really tell him to do in Genesis 7?
8. 'Blind guides! You strain a fly out of your drink, but swallow a camel! All the people of Israel who were there fled when they heard their cry. They shouted, "Run! The earth might swallow us too!"'
Why did the Israelites run and shout?
9. 'Then the Lord gave the donkey the power of speech, and it said to Balaam, "Stupid people will start being wise when wild donkeys are born tame."'
Two donkey verses have been slammed together here. Which of these is another biblical donkey quote?
10. 'Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads; on each of its horns there was a crown, and on each of its heads there was a name that was insulting to God. But his mother said, "No! His name is to be John."'
Which mother chose the name 'John'?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.