Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. St. Andrew is best known as the patron saint of Scotland (the canny Scots even named the world's most famous golf course for him), but with which group of tradespeople is he connected?
2. These two brothers are the patron saints of cobblers and shoemakers. Which brothers?
3. This saint, who was an evangelist, is the patron of butchers.
4. This eleventh century bishop is the patron saint of millers. I have no idea why, since I cannot find any reference to him milling anything!
5. St. Dunstan was Archbishop of Canterbury during the reign of the Saxon king Edgar. He is the patron saint of which of these trades?
6. Perhaps it is her noted connection to the wheel which makes this saint the patron of mechanics.
7. St. Michael the Archangel has responsibility for this group of workers.
8. The fact that this saint was, in effect, cooked, makes him or her a likely choice for the patron of chefs and cooks.
9. Next time you check the time, think of this patron saint of watch and clockmakers.
10. I'm not sure who miners turn to in their hour of need since their former patron was suppressed during the revision of the Roman Catholic calendar of saints in 1969. Who is that saint?
Source: Author Cymruambyth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.