Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. St. Thomas Aquinas, a major theologian, was known as the "Dumb Ox" and yet he was a very learned man and even a Doctor of the Church. He is the patron of whom?
2. Who is the patron saint of eyes?
3. Who is the patron saint of firefighters?
4. Many of us know that St. Matthew was a tax collector and an Apostle of Jesus. He also is one of the evangelists, the writers of the Gospels. He is therefore commonly known the patron of tax collectors, writers, and what other group?
5. St. John Bosco started the Salesian order, a missionary group whose mission is to serve the very poor and the very young. The Salesians were named after which saint, who is the patron of authors and is a Doctor of the Church?
6. Because he was known as the "Honey-Tongued Doctor", which saint is patron of beekeepers?
7. Who is the patron saint of television?
8. Who is often depicted with a bird in his hand, a wolf or deer by his side and eyes and hand raised to heaven? He is the patron of animals, veterinarians and pet owners.
9. Who is the patron saint of florists, which is appropriate enough since she was known as the "Little Flower"?
10. Who is the patron saint of a happy death?
11. Which of these is the patron saint of Ireland despite being from Great Britain?
12. Because he was martyred by arrows, who is the patron saint of archers?
13. Born with an interesting birthmark of a cross like shape of his chest, and often depicted with a scar on his leg and a dog with a piece of bread in its mouth at his side, what French-born, Italian saint is the patron of the plague and is now often invoked for AIDS patients?
14. Legend has it that this saint, while being tortured and roasted on a spinner, declared "Turn me over, I am done on this side." Therefore, this saint is the patron of cooks, victims of fire, and, comically enough, barbecue. Who is it?
15. There are many patron saints for travelers. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
Source: Author MOOROCK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.