Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It is customary in the Roman Catholic Church to group religious relics into different classes. A first class relic is a portion of the body of a Saint. Which authenticated first class relic from Joan of Arc still exists?
2. According to eyewitness accounts, what happened to most of the first class relics belonging to Joan of Arc?
3. A second class relic is an item or a piece of an item owned or frequently used by the Saint. Which of the following second class relics was fully authenticated as belonging to Joan of Arc after her death?
4. The standard of Joan of Arc would also be described as a second class relic. Where is it today?
5. Which of the following groups are known to have held many of the relics that had belonged to Joan of Arc immediately after her death?
6. One of the second class relics believed to have belonged to Joan of Arc is a ring. Some question its authenticity because it does not match the description Joan gave during her trial.
7. Third class religious relics are those that were touched by the Saint. In the case of Joan of Arc, most of the relics she touched were made of what material?
8. Of course, many of the third class relics of Joan of Arc can be seen in her home town in France. Where did she grow up?
9. A suit of armor worn by Joan of Arc has been authenticated as belong to the Saint.
10. For many years a vial of bones and ash have been kept at Chinon, the castle where Joan first met with the future Charles VII of France. In 2007 scientists concluded that the remains in the vial belonged to which of the following?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.