Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the general formula for alkanes?
2. What is another word for formic acid?
3. An ester is formed when carboxylic acid reacts with alcohol. What are some of the uses of esters?
4. An alkene is formed from the cracking of petroleum. How do we differentiate between alkanes and alkenes?
5. Nylon is used in many things in our lives today. Examples are umbrellas, raincoats, fishing line, ropes and tents. Which of the following has the same linkage as nylon?
6. What is produced in the incomplete combustion of alkenes?
7. Carboxylic acid...
8. Industrially, ethanol can be produced by the reaction of steam with ethene. This reaction is catalysed by what?
9. What is the purpose of the condensor in the process of ethanol oxidising to ethanoic acid?
10. Which reaction does not produce carbon dioxide?
Source: Author runeslaye123
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.