Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the general formula for an alkane?
2. What is the general formula for an alkene?
3. The chemical formula for benzene is:
4. The benzene ring is stable due to:
5. The most common reaction of benzene and its derivatives is:
6. In the laboratory, which two classes of compound may be reacted together without any other activating reagents to prepare an amide?
7. What is the general name of a reaction used to make alkenes?
8. The general formula for an ester is:
9. The reaction between an aldehyde and a ketone, catalysed by a base, is known as:
10. A molecule containing the unit R-O-R (where R is any carbon chain) is known as:
Source: Author NatalieW
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.