Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the molecular formula of propane?
2. What does the complete combustion of a hydrocarbon always yield?
3. Which of the following examples is a possible name for a hydrocarbon with a molecular formula of C5H10?
4. In normal, non-laboratory, conditions, how many bonds can a carbon atom form?
5. The prefix for an alkene with 10 carbon atoms is Dec-
6. Some hydrocarbons react with water to form alcohols.
7. What is an alkyne?
8. A cycloalkane will have the same carbon-hydrogen ratios as an alkyne.
9. Methane has which of the following molecular formulas?
10. Which of the following is a hydrocarbon that actually exists?
Source: Author dim_dude
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.