Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which is NOT a main component of food?
2. What food component contributes 9 calories per gram?
3. Which of the following contributes the fewest calories per gram?
4. The two types of carbohydrates are organic and inorganic.
5. Which disaccharide is composed of glucose and fructose?
6. What is the common name for sucrose?
7. What enzyme is used to break down starches?
8. In an iodine-solution test for starch, what color will a sample turn if starch is present?
9. An unsaturated fat has double bonds.
10. Of the following sugars, which produces carbon dioxide gas the fastest when it reacts with yeast?
Source: Author percussionpro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.