Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Alkanes contain hydrogen and carbon atoms with which of the following bonds connecting the carbon atoms together?
2. Hydrocarbons containing triple bonds are called _________.
3. (CH3)3CCH2CH3 is named what, according to IUPACs naming system?
4. C5H12 has how many constitutional isomers?
5. Using IUPAC naming, what is the name for the molecule having a methyl (CH3) group attached to an 8-carbon alkane ring?
6. A primary carbon atom is bonded to only 1 other carbon atom. What is a carbon atom bonded to 4 other carbon atoms called?
7. Alkanes are ________ compounds and they do not dissolve in _____ compounds, such as _____. Alkanes are said to be __________.
8. Which of the following would be most likely to react with methane?
9. The waxy coating of leaves for many plants are alkanes.
10. Haloalkanes, or alkyl halides, are compounds in which a hydrogen atom is replaced by an halogen atom. Therefore the functional group is a halogen atom bonded to what type of hybridized carbon atom?
Source: Author scottycan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.