Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am pushing on this boulder, but it will not budge. It must be magically glued to the ground.
But that's not magic, it's physics. Which of these laws makes the most sense for the rock not moving?
2. I had to change the batteries in the remote control, so I grabbed a screwdriver and began unscrewing the screw. Like magic, the screw began coming out!
But wait, it's not magic, it's what concept of physics?
3. I've changed the batteries in the remote control, and now the TV works. It's amazing how putting a new battery inside makes it work! It must be magic.
The truth is; it isn't magic. It's physics! Which of these explains what has happened to make the remote control work?
4. I was opening a CD case, taking the plastic wrapper off when all of a sudden; oh, what's this? The plastic wrapper would not get off my hand. It was like it was glued onto my hand, but it wasn't. This just has to be magic!
But it's not. It's still only physics. Which of these is likely the cause of the mysterious gluey plastic wrapper?
5. I felt like I had a cold, so I stuck the magic tube in my mouth. The silvery stuff went up the tube, and the magical tube told me that I did, indeed, have a fever.
But that's not magic, that's physics! What device (now banned in many countries), have I just used?
6. Oobleck is a simple mixture of cornstarch and water. However, it is the most magical thing I've ever seen! If you push your finger hard and fast into it, it is a solid; but if you push your finger slowly into it, it's a liquid! I don't understand how it can be a solid and a liquid at the same time. It must be magic.
But it's not magic, it's physics. What might be the reason that "oobleck" is a solid liquid?
7. When I throw a ball straight up in the air, or right in front of me, for that matter, it falls right back down to the ground, like magic! Otherwise, wouldn't the ball keep going and going, and never stop? Magic must be the only answer.
Of course, by now, you know that it's not magic. In fact, it's physics! Which of these is NOT a physics concept that might explain why a ball does not keep going on forever and ever?
8. Wow, I love watching a jet break the sound barrier. That cloud of smoke it creates it so cool! And I know just why it does that. It's magic.
No, it's not. It's physics. What type of wave is created when a jet breaks the sound barrier?
9. I recently read a story about a cat who was turned into a magnet, but when someone did not like the cat being magnetic anymore, they magically turned "off" the magnet, and the cat didn't stick to spoons and refrigerators anymore! Someone say "MAGIC!"
"PHYSICS!" Sorry, no magic here. What is the process of demagnetizing?
10. I am drinking a nice glass of ice water, and my ice keeps getting smaller and smaller. It is so magical!
Sorry, it isn't magic, it's physics. Which law of thermodynamics (which involves entropy) will explain the ice getting smaller?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.