Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Time travel (traveling to the past or future) has been a popular theme in film and fiction. Albert Einstein offered a groundbreaking theory that gives some scientific possibility to actual time travel. What theory is this?
2. Kevin Bonsor published which book in 2000, relating to time travel?
3. There are various space phenomena, in theory, that astronomers could use to travel back and forth in time. Black holes are one option. Which of the following is true about black holes?
4. Cosmic strings have been singled out by scientists as possible enablers of time travel. What is the problem with cosmic strings?
5. Wormholes are the most popular "time machine" option for astrophysicists.
6. Traveling to the past poses more problems than traveling to the future. Many complex obstacles could arise in past time travel, leading physicists to believe that it is impossible. One of the major objections to the possibility of time travel is the "Grandfather Paradox". What does this paradox state?
7. The "Twins Paradox" is another example used by physicists to deny hypothetical time travel.
8. Other scientists claim that if past time travel were possible, people from the future would have visited us by now. Astronomer Carl Sagan refuted this logic with all of the following points EXCEPT:
9. What solution do time travel proponents offer to those who negate its possibility?
10. What is a major physical obstacle to the potential of time travel?
Source: Author pagiedamon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.