Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Some scientists consider Cruithne to be a moon. Around which planet does it orbit?
2. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has defined what a planet is.
3. Pluto and Charon are sometimes considered to be a "double planet" system. What other planet is sometimes considered to be a part of a double planet system?
4. This moon's average orbital distance from its host planet is the closest of any moon in the solar system.
5. The solar system is filled with many uniquely named objects. Which of the following is NOT the name of a type of object in the solar system?
6. There is no sound in space.
7. What was the first successful interplanetary spacecraft?
8. Which spacecraft was the first to safely land on another planet?
9. While some comets are only visible with the help of a telescope, this comet, seen in 1965, was visible to the naked eye even during the day! Which comet was it?
10. It was once hypothesized that there was a planet closer to the sun than Mercury. What was this planet called?
Source: Author Syfir
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.