Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Denny McLain won 31 games. How many losses did he have?
2. Which team came in 2nd for the AL pennant in 1968?
3. Who was Detroit's catcher in 1968?
4. Which veteran player refused to accept tickets to see the World Series until he had played in one?
5. In one of the most daring coaching moves ever, Mayo Smith moved an outfielder to play shortstop for the last 9 regular season games, and all 7 games of the World Series. Which outfielder was it?
6. After 4 games in the World Series, what were the standings?
7. Which pitcher was the hero of the World Series?
8. What activity was Denny McLain reported to have engaged in on the night before he started game 1?
9. 1968 marked the end of an era in baseball. What fundamental change occurred at the beginning of the 1969 season?
10. Detroit winning the 1968 World Series was redemption for a city that had seen bad times in 1967. What had happened in Detroit in the summer of 1967?
Source: Author Suerreal
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.