Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am the catcher who led the Tigers to a pennant in 1934, and a World Series championship in 1935. Who am I?
2. This former Tiger handed the flag from Tiger Stadium's flagpole to a Tigers tri-captain in 1999, after the final game was played at that historic site. What was his name?
3. Which Tigers tri-captain received the flag at Tiger Stadium from a former Tiger, with the instructions to carry on the Tiger spirit and pride that accompanies donning the Olde English D?
4. This Tiger was benched for the 1968 World Series so Mickey Stanley could replace him at shortstop, freeing an outfield position for Al Kaline. What is his name?
5. How many saves did Todd Jones make when he won the Rolaids Relief Man Award in 2000?
6. When did Tiger Stadium receive the name "Tiger Stadium"?
7. Boston won the American League pennant in 1967, after Detroit lost to which team?
8. Which Tigers prospect was traded in 1987 for Doyle Alexander?
9. In which movie did a Tigers pitcher throw a perfect game?
10. What is the nickname of the Tigers pitcher who, in 1976, captured the imagination of baseball fans everywhere?
11. Which Tiger hit the last home run, a grand slam, at Tiger Stadium?
12. Which righthander started both the last game at Tiger Stadium, and the first game at Comerica Park?
13. Which Tigers' great, playing out his last year as a Pirate, befriended Jackie Robinson in 1947?
14. Name the Tiger who was traded for Carlos Pena, Jeremy Bonderman, and Franklyn German.
15. Which of the following, played their entire career as a Tiger?
16. I won the Tiger of the Year Award in 2001 with a 14-9 record and a 3.65 ERA. Who am I?
17. Who replaced Ernie Harwell in the broadcast booth after the 2002 season?
18. How many World Series rings did Ty Cobb have?
19. Which pitcher did Mickey Lolich beat in Game 7 of the 1968 World Series?
20. Which former Tiger was on the opposing team for both Roger Clemens and Kerry Woods' 20-strikeout games?
21. This Tigers' outfielder engaged in friendly competition with teammate Robert Fick in 2002, to see who would end up with the most assists in the Major Leagues. Who was he?
22. What was the 1984 Tigers' season record?
23. What was the reasoning behind Jo Jo White's nickname?
24. In one of the many efforts to save Old Tiger Stadium, a hug was organized in which enough people joined hands around the perimeter of the park to encircle it completely and hug it.
25. What is the name of the Tigers AAA farm club?
Source: Author TygsOnTop
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.