Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Denizens from the first planet in our solar system choose to land in Mercury, Alabama in order get their baseball fix. Where is the closest MLB ballpark they can get to from there?
2. Venusians like the Colorado Rockies best of all, so which of these locations would put them closest to Coors Field in Denver?
3. Our closest neighbors on the moon get tired of trying to watch games through telescopes, so they land in Moon, Kentucky to go see the closest MLB team from there. Is that the Cincinnati Reds?
4. Martians, as you can imagine, enjoy the Cincinnati Reds, the Boston Red Sox, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Cleveland Indians... which of those ballparks is the furthest drive from their landing spot of Mars, Pennsylvania?
5. Jovians land in Jupiter, California when they come to Earth to watch baseball. Unfortunately, they are not keen on any of the California-based teams. With Jupiter being located 100 miles southeast of Sacramento, which ballpark is a closer drive: Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks) or Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)?
6. The Saturnians need to land in Saturn, Texas, and that means that they have to travel 1,415 miles to see their favorite team - one that shares a similarity with their home planet. Which stadium do they drive to?
7. With no towns carrying the same name as their home planet, citizens of Uranus camp in the hills of Uranus Ridge, Idaho, before heading to the nearest MLB ball park. That, of course, is Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners!
8. Landing in Neptune, Iowa, not far from Sioux City, Neptunians can make a short trip of under 300 miles to the nearest MLB ball park. Which one is it?
9. Landing in Pluto, West Virginia, the Plutonians head northeast, hoping to catch a ball game while waiting to address the United Nations on their downgraded 'dwarf planet' status. Which stadium is closer to the United Nations building: Yankee Stadium (New York Yankees) or Citi Field (New York Mets)?
10. Star Trek enthusiasts insist that Vulcans also love baseball, and coming from outside our solar system, they have the furthest to travel. If they also travel to the MLB ballpark the longest distance from their landing site at Vulcan, Alberta (Canada), where would they go?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.