Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was a test player for New Zealand, and was known for my middle order hitting. My son is also a test player for New Zealand, and played a major role in Winning the 2001 ICC Knockout. Who Am I?
2. I am by many considered the greatest left arm seamer of all time. I recently achieved half of my 500/500 dream by bowling through Nick Statham. I also have a double century to my credit. Who am I?
3. I am a former Test Cricketer for India. I set a record of the Highest Score by an Indian in West Indies in Test Cricket, and have served as an ambassador for the sport of cricket and have written many books. Who am I?
4. I was sometimes a Wicketkeeper in ODI's for my country. I ended up playing over 50 tests and 120 ODI's. I was the captain of my side before Hooper replaced me. I retired and took up commentary, and now work at my new job at the World Cup 2003. Who am I?
5. I was a prominent opener for my nation. In my greatest innings, I perished by lofting a catch to Saurav Ganguly off of Sachin Tendulkar, only 6 runs short of what would've been an awesome and unique record. Later, I took a short break and took up religion. Who am I?
6. I kept wickets for my nation from 1986 to 1988, and participated in a very important tournament. In the final, I took the catch that resulted from possibly the turning point of the tournament, and helped my team win the match by 7 runs. Who Am I?
7. I was the first for my nation to score 9000 ODI runs. I was the man of the match of an important World Cup match. The first initial in my name stands for Pinnaduwage, but that is not what I go by. Who am I?
8. I am the older of my country's famous brothers. I am a part-time Wicketkeeper and was in my time considered the best left-handed player of the Sweep Shot. Who am I?
9. I fell only one test short of 100 before my career ended. I also scored three centuries in my first three Test matches against England in 1985. I was a longtime captain of my nation. Who am I?
10. I scored the first fifty and second one hundred for my nation. All these came in World Cups. In the match that I scored my century, the first century for my country was also scored. Who am I?
Source: Author thetaker
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.