Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am a running back who attended Long Beach State and the University of Georgia. I set a Bronco record in 1999 for most rushing attempts in the postseason, as well as most yards and most touchdowns. I was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXII. And the following year I finished the season with 2008 yards. Who am I?
2. I played for the Broncos from 1975-83 as a wide receiver and special teamer. I attended the University of Minnesota and was drafted by Denver in the 4th round. In 1983, I set a Broncos record for most career punt returns. Who am I?
3. I am a LB who was drafted by the Broncos with their first round pick in 1974 out of Ohio State. I played from 1974 until 1983, and I was a 7 time Pro-Bowler. In 1983, I became the Broncos leading tackler with 2,049 tackles to my credit. Who am I?
4. I was one of the original Broncos, playing from 1960 to 1963. I was a QB who wore #18; one of only two Bronco numbers that had been retired at the time. Who am I?
5. I was drafted as a QB/S by the Broncos in 1975 in the 8th round out of Tulane. I played both cornerback and safety from 1976-1986 for the Broncos. In 1986, I set a Bronco record for interceptions in a career with 44. Who am I?
6. I was a kicker for the Broncos from 1971-1979. I had 150 starts with the Broncos, and I was the all-time leading Bronco scorer up until 1999. I also kicked three field goals for the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. Who am I?
7. I was the Broncos first round pick in 1967. I was a running back out of Syracuse, and became the first pick selected by Denver in the first round to actually sign with the team. A Pro-Bowler in '71, when I retired I was among the top ten rushers in NFL history. Who am I?
8. I was a wide receiver who after playing at San Diego State, came to the Broncos via the Buffalo Bills. I was a two time Pro Bowler and in the AFC Championship game vs. the Raiders in 1978. I caught 5 passes for 168 yards and 2 touchdowns. Who am I?
9. I was drafted as a defensive lineman by the Denver Broncos in 1997 out of Clemson. By 2003, I was a 4 time Pro Bowler and had 51.5 sacks, placing me 7th on the Broncos sack leader list. I have been versatile throughout my career switching from linebacker to defensive lineman in college, and from defensive tackle to defensive end with the Broncos. Who am I?
10. I am a kicker who was drafted out of Hawaii in the 3rd round of the 1993 draft. In 2003, I was the leading scorer in Denver Broncos history with 1193 points. I also held the NFL record for consecutive point after attempts converted with 371 straight. Who am I?
11. I was drafted as a CB by the Broncos out of tiny North Dakota State in 1987 in the 12th round. I played 13 seasons in the NFL before retiring after the 1999 season. I was the leading tackler for the Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII vs the Green Bay Packers with 7 total tackles. Who am I?
12. I was drafted by the Broncos, in the first round of the 1987 draft, out of the University of Florida. In 1987, I set a Bronco record for best average per catch by a rookie with 20.32 yards per catch. In a losing effort to the Washington Redskins at Super Bowl XXII, I caught a 56 yard TD pass from John Elway on our first offensive play from scrimmage. Who am I?d
13. I am a running back who was drafted out of the University of Miami by the Denver Broncos in 2002 in the second round. I had just helped the University of Miami win the National Championship. I then came to the Broncos and rushed over 1500 yards in my rookie year. My 1872 total yards from scrimmage in 2003 was a Denver Bronco record for a rookie, and I was named AP Rookie of the Year. Who am I?
14. I was another of the original Broncos. I played from 1960-1966, coming to Denver from the Chicago Bears where I had played DB. I switched to wide receiver and led the AFL in receptions for 5 out of 6 years. I caught 100 passes in 1961, which was a record for the Broncos for nearly 40 years. I wore number 87. Who am I?
15. I was the 15th pick overall in the 1981 draft. I was a DB from USC taken in the first round by the Denver Broncos, for whom I played for 14 seasons. I was known for being a big hitting safety and I made the Pro Bowl six times. I had 30 career interceptions which ranked me 6th in Denver Broncos history. Who am I?
16. I played 14 seasons for the Denver Broncos. A linebacker, I was drafted in 1973, out of Louisville. By 1986 I had played 191 games, the second most games of any Bronco in team history. In 1977, I made one of the biggest interceptions in team history. I picked off Bert Jones' pass in a home game against the Baltimore Colts. The interception sealed the game and locked up the first playoff spot ever for the franchise. Who am I?
17. I have been a member of the Denver Broncos coaching staff, but I did play for the Broncos. I was one of the lesser know QB's taken in the 1983 draft. Drafted out of Texas A&M in the 8th round, I was a reliable backup to John Elway from 83-91. Who am I?
18. I came to the Broncos in a trade with Houston. I had been a star QB at New Mexico State, and we had won the Sun Bowl twice. While I only played for Denver from 1972-1975, I did manage to lead the team to its first winning season in franchise history. In 1973 we went 7-5-2, I made the UPI All-AFC team following the season. Who am I?
19. I was a rookie with Denver in 1977, the year the Broncos went to their first Super Bowl. A second round pick out of the University of Michigan, I was a running back who finished the season 3rd on our team in rushing yardage that season. I wore #41, and in Super Bowl XII where we lost to the Dallas Cowboys, I scored the lone Bronco touchdown. I played with Denver from 1977-1983. Who am I?
20. I played fullback for the Broncos from 1997-2001 and wore number 29. I was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams out of Illinois, and came to the Broncos via free agency. While my job was to block for Terrell Davis I also showed other skills. I was a quality receiver and I scored two rushing TD's in Super Bowl XXXIII against the Atlanta Falcons. Who am I?
Source: Author thesaint12
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.