Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Hall of Famer's most astounding accomplishment was throwing three complete game shut outs in one World Series. Who is he?
2. Which of the following players have not hit 200 AL and 200 NL career home runs?
3. Which of the following players retired (or finished their career) with exactly 3000 hits?
4. Who is the All-Time MLB Wins leader, at the end of the 2000 season?
5. Which of these MLB All-Stars pitched ahead of Randy Johnson in their College rotation?
6. Who was the first player with 3000 hits?
7. Who was the youngest player to hit 200 home runs?
8. Which MLB franchise was the first to have four players with 31 or more home runs in one year?
9. Who was the All-Time Doubles leader, as of the end of the 2000 season?
10. Dave Stieb has lost _____ no hitters with 2 outs in the ninth inning due to a player getting a hit off him (i.e. the number of times losing the no hitter). How many?
11. How many times did Babe Ruth break the single season home run record?
12. During the 1945 season, how many MLB players missed the entire season due to serving their country in the second world war?
13. Who was the key player that was sent to LA from Montreal during the 1997 off-season for Pedro Martinez?
14. Which of the following players were never a member of the Montreal Expos?
15. Who was known as 'Cy the Second'?
Source: Author RockerBren
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.