Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What brothers set a combined record for having over 5600 hits in their careers?
2. Which was the first American League team to play a regular season night game under permanently installed lighting?
3. When this manager retired in 1961, he set a record for managing the most seasons without winning a league pennant. He set another record for being the first manager to manage six different teams. Who was this?
4. Which of the following pitching greats, led their league with the most losses in four consecutive seasons?
5. Who was baseball's first full-time and salaried umpire?
6. Which one-armed pitcher threw a no-hitter?
7. In the 1923 World Series, the Yankees finally took their first title, winning it four games to two against the New York Giants. Which Giant hit two game-winning home runs in the series, resulting in their only wins?
8. Which of the following was the oldest pitcher to win 20 games in a Major League season?
9. Roberto Clemente was killed in a plane crash after the 1972 season. His last career hit was his 3000th, a double, that was hit off which pitcher?
10. May 2, 1939, was the first day that Lou Gehrig was not listed on the Yankees box score. This was after Gehrig's consecutive game streak of 2131 games. Lou stepped down due to illness. The Yankees dedicated this game to Gehrig, and beat which team 22-2?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.