Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After the great Babe Ruth, who was the next Major Leaguer to hit 50 home runs in a season?
2. Which American League expansion team was the first to win their division?
3. The Hall of Fame was inaugurated in 1936 with five players. Which of the following received the most votes in 1936?
4. In 1938, the New York Yankees hired Mel Allen to radio broadcast the Yankees' home games on a regular basis. Who did they also hire to team up with Allen?
5. Which of the following played the most seasons with the same team?
6. Since the emergence of the National and American League in 1901, Jack Chesbro was the first pitcher to win 40 games in a season. Who was the next to win 40?
7. Modern day baseball saw the inauguration of black baseball players with the names of Larry Doby and Jackie Robinson. However, the first professional black baseball player appeared in the American Association in 1884. Who was he?
8. Who was the first manager in history to manage his son on the same team?
9. Joe Jackson, in probably his greatest season during his career in 1911, batted an amazing .408. He lost the batting title to Ty Cobb who hit .420. Which team did Jackson play for during this great season?
10. Which pitcher won 27 games in a season, the Cy Young Award, the Triple Crown, and still watched his team finish in last place?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.