Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Enos Slaughter's game winning "Mad Dash" from first to home to score the winning run in the 1946 World Series for the Cardinals ranks as an exciting, memorable moment. What team did the Cardinals beat in that World Series?
2. Whose dramatic homerun caused Cardinal announcer Jack Buck to scream "Go crazy folks! Go crazy!" ?
3. In what year did the Cardinals sign Tony LaRussa to manage the team?
4. The Cardinals won three National League pennants in the 1980s, but only one World Series. In which year did they win the World Series?
5. One of the great Cardinal World Series moments came in 1926, when Grover Cleveland Alexander relieved starter Jesse Haines and struck out Tony Lazzeri, with the bases loaded in the seventh inning to preserve the Redbirds 3-2 lead over the Yankees. Who was the Cardinal's manager?
6. The last at bat in Stan Musial's career certainly ranks as one of the most memorable Cardinal moments, especially since he got a hit. How old was Stan "The Man" when he retired?
7. On April 23, 1999 this Cardinal hit two grand slam homeruns in the same inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Who was he?
8. In August 1971, Bob Gibson threw the only no-hitter of his major league career. Who did he throw it against?
9. In September 1993, Cardinal outfielder Mark Whiten did something no other Cardinal has ever done. What was it?
10. In the 1963 All Star Game all four infield starters were Cardinals. Who was the shortstop?
Source: Author Bob9491
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.