Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1975 and 1976, Cincinnati's "Big Red Machine" won World Series titles. Who was the starting shortstop on these Cincinnati teams?
2. In 1976, this lefty-hitting New York Yankees shortstop hit a home run in his first World Series at-bat. Can you identify him?
3. Which one of these shortstops, a Phillie, was a switch-hitting batter?
4. During the 1970s, Freddie Patek played shortstop for the Kansas City Royals. What was Patek's nickname?
5. During the 1970s, Bert Campaneris played shortstop for the A's, Rangers, and Angels. Which one of these statements about Campaneris is true?
6. Which one of these shortstops played for the Baltimore Orioles during the 1970s?
7. In 1974, Robin Yount made his Major League debut playing shortstop for the Milwaukee Brewers. Which former All-Star catcher was Yount's first manager?
8. Bill Russell was an All-Star shortstop selection in 1973 and 1976. With which team did Russell play his entire big league career (1969-1986)?
9. An All-Star shortstop named Speier played for the San Francisco Giants from 1971 to 1977. Please indicate Speier's first name.
10. In 1973, a shortstop nicknamed Bucky broke into the big leagues with the White Sox. Can you supply this player's last name?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.