Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Steve Garvey was an All-Star first baseman for several seasons during the 1970s. For which team did Garvey play?
2. Which New York Yankee first baseman hit a ninth-inning home run to defeat the Kansas City Royals in the deciding fifth game of the 1976 American League Championship Series?
3. First baseman George Scott played with the Red Sox and Brewers during the 1970s. What was his popular nickname?
4. John Mayberry was an All-Star first baseman during the 1970s. Which one of these statements about Mayberry is true?
5. Who played first base on Cincinnati's "Big Red Machine" from 1972 to 1976?
6. Which special achievement did San Diego Padres first baseman Nate Colbert accomplish on August 1, 1972?
7. The Oakland A's won three consecutive World Series titles between 1972 and 1974. Which two players were the main starting first basemen for Oakland during those years?
8. Boog Powell was an outstanding first baseman for the Baltimore Orioles during the 1960s and the early 1970s. What was Powell's real first name?
9. Which one of these power hitters did NOT play first base during the 1970s?
10. Willie Stargell of the Pittsburgh Pirates began his big league career as an outfielder in 1962, but he became a full-time first baseman after 1974. Which uniform number did Stargell wear?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.