Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Los Angeles Lakers - how many lakes do you know in Los Angeles? However, the name makes more sense when one realizes that the team moved from a place with lakes. What was its name before the move?
2. Which is the only one of these four familiar franchises that had the same name (both city and team) when the franchise started?
3. Many teams have moved more than once. Where did the Arizona Cardinals football team begin?
4. On October 3, 1920, the Dayton Triangles defeated the Columbus Panhandles 14-0 in the very first National Football League game ever. Looking at those two charter teams, which of these statements is correct?
5. Which of the following baseball franchise moves is incorrect?
6. The Colorado Rockies is not only the name of a baseball team, it was also one of the names of an NHL hockey team. Who were they before and after they were the Rockies?
7. NFL - football's Oakland Raiders were one of the founding members of the American Football League in 1960. However, from 1982 to 1994, the franchise was known by a different name. What was that name?
8. Baseball - Five years after the Giants moved to San Francisco, they played in their previous city and stadium again, but this time as the visiting team. Who was now the home team?
9. Baseball - all four of these teams are comparatively new expansion teams. Three began their franchise history in the location indicated by their name, but one team's name changed as it moved between the 1971 and 1972 seasons. Which team moved?
10. These four teams have all been quite stable, located in the same city and with the same name for a long time. In fact, only one had an earlier life as a major league franchise in any other city or with any other name than the one shown below. Which team is that?
Source: Author NormanW5
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.