Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How fast did Roger Bannister run when he went under four minutes for the first time in the mile?
2. Tommy Smith and which other runner launched a black power salute when winning gold and silver in the 200m in Mexico '68?
3. What was the world indoor record for 200m when it was set by Frankie Fredericks?
4. Who broke Lee Evans' 400m world record which had stood for over 20 years?
5. Dick Fosbury revolutionised the world of high jumping but how high did he jump when winning his Olympic title?
6. Mike Powell broke Bob Beamon's long jump record in 1991, but how far did Carl Lewis jump to take silver in the competition?
7. Renaldo Nehemiah was the greatest sprint hurdler of his generation but what was his nick name?
8. What was the name of the British 100m champion in the 1924 Olympics in Paris as immortalised in the film Chariots of Fire?
9. Who ended Ed Moses' record unbeaten run over the 400m hurdles?
10. What is Jonathan Edwards longest jump of all time, not necessarily legal?
Source: Author Lost_Player
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.