Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Almost all the Muppets are very sweet, and most can be described as "cute". However, there is only one way to complete a certain classic phrase: "lovable, furry, old ________".
2. When they are not actually in them, how can you tell which bed belongs to Ernie, and which to his roommate Bert?
3. Every neighborhood has a certain amount of noise and bustle--and someone who complains when he or she finds the noise level too high. Who was the resident grouch on Sesame Street?
4. Which of these "Sesame Street" characters was a science teacher?
5. (This was a running joke for a number of years.) Who was the harried storekeeper, whose name Big Bird could never seem to remember?
6. Speaking of running jokes, a famous one was on Big Bird himself. He had a strange friend, like no one else on Sesame Street, whom he called Mr. Snuffleupagus. (Oddly enough, THAT name gave Big Bird no trouble at all!) What problem did this character cause him for a number of years?
7. The last time I watched "Sesame Street" (with a young relative), Maria and Luis had started a new, up-to-date business, the Mail-It Shop. What small business had they previously run together?
8. Where does Big Bird make his home?
9. Aside from his fascination with pigeons, Bert's main hobbies were his bottle cap collection and... what?
10. What was Susan Robinson's (human character) profession on the show?
11. What was the name of the Muppet character who looks very much like a famous London detective, sporting a deerstalker (hat) and a cloak, and carrying a magnifying glass?
12. Who was the first new human character to join the original "Sesame Street" cast, and also the first to be written out?
13. You may not remember this, but before being the dorm mother Mrs. Garrett on "The Facts of Life", Charlotte Rae appeared for a season on "Sesame Street". What was her role?
14. What was the profession of Guy Smiley (Muppet character)?
15. Do you remember the Yip Yips? They were a couple of alien Muppets that spoke broken English, punctuated by loud agreement with each other: "uh-huh! yip yip yip yip yip yip yip!" On their second appearance (episode #736), they found what they thought was an "Earth person". What did they really find, which has the same characteristics as an Earthling, according to their guidebook?
Source: Author Eruditio
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.