Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What plant is traditionally used to 'deck the halls'?
2. When 'the halls are decked', treat yourself to a glass of mulled wine. What does mulled mean?
3. How many candles are used in an Advent wreath in the church on Sunday?
4. A representation of the manger is usually placed in Irish homes, what is this called?
5. Presents must be bought, what delightful plant is associated with the legend of Madelon?
6. You make a list (again), reminding yourself to get a Christmas candle. Why do Irish people traditionally put candles in their windows at this time?
7. Which Sunday in Advent is called Gaudete Sunday?
8. Another item on your list, must be alcohol for the Christmas pudding. What is the traditional alcohol in Ireland?
9. A few workmates suggest as it's Christmas you might like to 'choraulien' with them, what are they suggesting?
10. Christmas Eve midnight and the TV shows a mass from Manger Square. In which Middle Eastern city would you find Manger Square?
Source: Author Fiachra
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.