Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One early type of bicycle was known for its huge front wheel. What was this vehicle called?
2. What item added to bicycles in the 1880s greatly simplified steering and enabled manufacturers to create craft with smaller wheels?
3. What did John Boyd Dunlop invent in 1888 that proved vital to the popularity of bicycles?
4. What other invention of the late 1880s greatly enhanced bicycle safety?
5. What was the distinguishing feature of the Otto Dicycle, produced in the late 1800s?
6. The Pope Manufacturing Company, based in Connecticut, began to build what type of bicycle in the 1890s?
7. What bicycle company was founded by Colonel Albert A. Pope?
8. What company manufactured the Radio Bicycle, which included a radio built into the frame?
9. On a tandem or two-person bicycle, what is the common term for the rider in front?
10. The German-made Draisienne bicycle was made out of what material?
Source: Author neon000
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.