Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Japanese Shinkansen is also known as what type of train?
2. Which train service is named for two of the oceans bordering Australia, and made its first crossing of the country (from Sydney to Perth) in 1970?
3. Which Australian train service took 126 years to complete and runs from Adelaide to Darwin on a regular basis?
4. Most people could tell you that Qantas is an Australian airline and its symbol is the flying kangaroo. But can you tell me which colour (along with white) is the main colour of the airline logo and plane tail?
5. Produced by Lockheed in the 1930s, what is the type of plane flown by Amelia Earhart on her round-the-world (final) expedition? (hint: Lockheed Model 10 ____)
6. I'm not going to ask for the type of car that appeared in the 'Back to the Future' movie series, instead I'd like you to tell me where this type of car was ORIGINALLY manufactured (it's a suburb in Belfast, Northern Ireland).
7. The Ectomobile, or 'Ecto-1' was the name of the car used in the first 'Ghostbusters' film. Which company manufactured the actual car that was used for the 1984 film?
8. Which company, headquartered in the Ukraine, manufactured one of the largest operating aircraft in the world, the AN-225?
9. Which 1983 movie sees a Porsche 928 rolling down a hill onto a pier (which collapses) and ending up in Lake Michigan? (hint: this movie also stars Tom Cruise in his underwear, socks and a pink dress shirt dancing to Bob Seger's 'Old Time Rock and Roll')
10. Take the first letter of each answer in the previous nine questions to discover the mode of transport used and sung about by the Wiggles. (hint: toot toot, chugga chugga...)
Source: Author lones78
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.