Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "A" roads are the second highest classification of British roads, ranked in order of importance. What is the highest classification?
2. The A321 starts at Henley, venue for a famous annual rowing regatta. The river on which this regatta takes place is reflected in the full name of the town, which is Henley-on-WHAT?
3. Proceeding southward along the A321, we pass Templecombe to the left hand side of the road. Here you will find a stone circle known as the Druids' Temple that was transported from the Channel Islands in 1787. From which island did it come?
4. Also to the left of the A321 is the intriguingly named village of Crazies Hill. Can you sniff out how it came to be so named?
5. Three miles into our journey, we arrive in the village of Wargrave. The parish church of St. Mary had to be rebuilt after an arson attack in June, 1914. Which group of people was thought to be responsible?
6. Whilst in Wargrave, we can visit Fairmans, for many years owned by actor Robert Morley. In the eighteenth century, though, it was the home of Richard "Hellgate" Barry, 7th Earl of Barrymore. Given the house's twentieth century owner, it is rather appropriate that Barrymore had which structure built here, that was said to be one of the finest in Britain?
7. Two miles further along the A321 we come to the town of Twyford and its adjoining neighbour, Ruscombe. Which US state takes its name from the man who lived out his final years here, between 1710 and 1718?
8. The A321 continues to Wokingham which, it seems is a most desirable place in which to live. What title was it given in 2007?
9. Four miles on from Wokingham, we have the option of turning left onto the B3348 for a mile's drive to the village of Crowthorne. The village is home to the prestigious Wellington College and also to a quite different kind of establishment known as Broadmoor. What would you find at Broadmoor?
10. After nearly 18 miles, the A321 completes its course at Sandhurst, by merging into the A331. Here you will find a training academy; but who is being trained?
Source: Author glendathecat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.