Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which country did the Tunguska Event take place?
2. Which of the following best describes the crater left by the meteorological event, the Tunguska Event?
3. What was the name of the Russian mineralogist who led the first expedition to investigate the Tunguska Event?
4. The Tunguska Event - What was found at the center of the devastated area at the site of the explosion?
5. Which of the following statements about the mysterious event, the Tunguska Event, is true?
6. In 2006, Thomas Pynchon's book "Against the Day" claimed that the Tunguska Event was caused by an electric "death ray" invented by which eccentric, misunderstood genius?
7. In 1946, noted Russian science fiction writer Alexander Kazantsev penned a book titled "The Blast" in which he put forth which of the following hypothesis for the Tunguska Event?
8. The explosion at Tunguska is estimated to have been almost as large as the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.
9. Even though the Tunguska Event occurred in a remote area of Siberia over 700 people were killed.
10. What was the preferred scientific explanation of the cause of the Tunguska Event one hundred years after the event?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.