Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Gospel(s) speak of the events surrounding Christ's birth?
2. How many magi visited Christ shortly after after his birth, according to the Bible?
3. According to most English translations of Matthew 2:11, where is Christ when the magi come to visit Him?
4. The magi ask Herod where Christ is to be born. Herod summons his priests and scribes, who know the location of the birth because of the prophecy of this man.
5. In a dream, an angel tells Joseph to name his child Jesus, for it was prophesied that a virgin would give birth and call her son Immanuel. What does Immanuel mean?
6. Herod's slaughter of the children two and under, according to Matthew, fulfills a prophecy uttered by what man?
7. How much younger was Jesus than his cousin John the Baptist?
8. Who speaks words to the pregnant Mary that have become a part of the Catholic Church's "Hail Mary"?
9. Where do we find "the magnificat"?
10. Why was Jesus born in Bethlehem, according to the Gospel of Luke?
11. Christ was laid in a manger. What is a manger?
12. The Bible tells us Christ was born in December.
13. How do the shepherds learn of Christ's birth?
14. When was Christ circumcised?
15. Who prophesied to Mary that Christ was "destined for the fall and rising of many" and that "a sword" would "pierce" her "own soul also"?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.